Shake To Create Competition
Announcing our #ShakeToCreate 2019 winner!
It’s a special year with a first time runner-up AND a grand prize winner.
#ShakeToCreate 2019 winner: Brighton Gin
With the grand prize of 35 hours of creative work, we’ve been busy helping the Brighton Gin team with their email marketing, Amazon brand pages, website SEO strategy and longer term marketing strategy. Be sure to follow Brightonginstergram as they continue to grow and spread the ‘spirit of Brighton’ across the nation and beyond.
Runner-up: Ambigo, a community organisation that brings people together to make goals, ideas and ambitions happen won a half day purpose consultation with us. This session resulted in a more focused approach to making their purpose tangible through their marketing. “It was super surprising to see how much care and consideration they put into preparing for our session in a bespoke way. They were very adaptive to our particular needs and problems. They were so positive and solution-focussed, and helped us think about our communication in a whole new way.” – Adam Bates, Founder and Executive Director of Ambigo
“We were incredibly lucky to have won the ShakeToCreate competition. . . it’s been absolutely bloomin’ brilliant. . . It’s been amazing working with Rachael and Meg who’ve been so insightful and patient… it’s been a joy!” – Kathy Caton, Founder and MD of Brighton Gin
Our previous winners:
Exercise In The City needed practical help and advice on marketing activities, design and website improvements. We were delighted to help Julia with the following:
- revitalise her business stationery
- set up her email marketing template and newsletter content
- teach her how to track and analyse her website traffic, amongst other things
- make improvements to her website layout and design and content (we are still working with Julia on this)
A key result was achieving an e-newsletter open rate of 35% (14% above the Mailchimp average for the health & fitness industry).
“Winning Shake to Create has been such a great opportunity for me and Exercise in the City. As the sole Founder my days are so busy and there have been things I’ve always wanted to do but just haven’t had the capacity or the knowledge to do. Rachael and Meg have really helped to promote my business providing both practical marketing and design outputs as well as insightful tips and advice. Plus, my new business cards look great and I’ve had lots of comments on them. Rachael and Meg thank you so much for everything over the last year!” – Julia Scodie, Exercise In The City
- Website improvements – design, development, copy editing
- Communications planning
- Brand awareness competition
- Search engine optimisation activities*
- Sourced online listings and PR opportunities
- Graphic design – logo, business cards, flyers
- Marketing and social media consulting
- 88% increase in website visitors (year on year)
- National newspaper coverage
- A 43% increase in email subscribers
- A 270% increase in more profitable sales (direct bookings from the website)
*client chose to pay for additional SEO work
“Since I started working with Shake It Up Creative I have had a 270% increase in direct sales from my website which speaks for itself. Winning the competition has been a boon for my business but also a great learning experience into the benefits of working with experts… I am very grateful and above all Meg and Rachael are both so lovely and such a pleasure to work with.”
– Rosa Roberts, Sketchout