I recently had a few experiences where people asked me to look at their business card and then look at either their website or their Facebook page and give some feedback on the design and branding. My advice for them was to ensure that their business branding on their cards, flyers and other printed marketing materials matches their online branding across their website and all their social media platforms. There were a few times when I thought I was looking at a different company to the business card I was holding or that the website linked to the wrong Facebook page. Remember, customers might find you via one of your social media channels before they find your website so make sure that your branding is consistent.
Brand consistency not only strengthens your credibility and overall brand awareness, it makes you more memorable and sends a clear message about who you are and what you do. Plus, it’s always a good thing to not confuse your customers!
Here are some benefits of investing in logo design, consistent messages and branding:
- helps you to stand out from your competition
- creates and spreads brand awareness
- shows you are professional and reputable
- shows you are committed to your business and what you do
- makes it easy for people to follow you across all social media platforms
- makes you more memorable
- gives your customers and clients a sense of stability
- it can prompt an emotional reaction which will help to differentiate you
- gives your business a personality
- increases your chances when seeking venture capital, business loans or grants
- makes it quick and easy when you’re asked to provide a logo and strapline for PR activities
So ask yourself this: Does your business card match your website? If the answer is yes, then that is wonderful and we are glad to hear it. If the answer is no, then get in touch with us to see how we can help you create a consistent visual brand for your business. It might be that you already have a great logo and simply need help with creating social media channel profile and header images that fit well and look fantastic. Or, it may be that you need a logo, printed marketing materials and a website that all visually tie together. Whatever you need, we can help!
One last thing – someone asked me recently if people still use business cards. The answer is most definitely YES.